Under the auspices of the Byzantine castle of Mystras and nestled on the slopes of Taygetos, within 23 acres of lush landscape, Mystras Grand Palace Resort will make you feel like you have found yourself in a familiar yet majestic place. Amidst verdant surroundings, fountains and flower gardens, you’ll wake up somewhere between the realms of your imagination, history and reality. Furthermore, its splendid design, harmonized with the impressive architecture of Mystras, creates the ideal conditions for a stay that exceeds your expectations, while the fully modernized facilities make guests’ comfort a top priority.
Guests’ Health & Safety is another priority of ours, so, with TUV Austria’s “Covid Shield” programme, Mystras Grand Palace Resort implements all relevant protocols for the protection of the health and safety of both our employees and guests. We assure you that we have taken every measure to bring you the best service, in a clean and pleasant environment for you and your families.
We are ready to offer you a unique holiday experience!
Why choose Mystras Grand Palace Resort
- The architectural structure of the resort ensures a natural distance between the buildings and the rooms.
- It has large outdoor common areas.
- The resort is located 217 km from Athens, just 2.5 hours by car. So you can travel in the comfort of your own vehicle or with the safe transfer service offered by our resort, upon request.
- Enjoy the pool of the “Doukato” Pool & Snack Bar, an oasis of relaxation, open from morning to night. Distance and privacy are important factors for a carefree vacation!
- Our little guests will be thrilled with the children’s pool.
- You will immerse yourself in a world of authentic local flavours and aromas at the “Doukato” Restaurant in a fairytale setting, enjoying the romantic atmosphere of the illuminated pool, olive trees, bougainvilleas and the bar. The gastronomic creations of the Mystras Grand Palace Resort team, will satisfy even the most demanding palates.
- We offer the option of enjoying your breakfast in the coolness and comfort of your room’s veranda, overlooking the castle city of Mystras, the pool or the garden.
- You will be able to rejuvenate yourself and enhance your well-being after a session at “Karam” Spa, which will nurture you through its treatments and award-winning spa products, helping you achieve the balance of mind, body and spirit.
- At a distance of 3 km is Sparta, the mythical city of heroes. There you will see internationally renowned historical monuments, shops with local products, cafes, bars, taverns and a thrilling aura to accompany you on your night walks.
- Just 2.5 km from the resort lies the world-famous castle town of Mystras, a Medieval, fortified state that is brimming with Byzantine charm. Upon your arrival, you will feel as if you are in an open-air museum of medieval castles, complete with picturesque churches and imposing monasteries. Mystras is truly a unique and mystical place.
- The nearest beach is 47 km (30 minute drive) from our resort. Make your way to Gythio, famously known as the “Land of the Gods” that exudes a traditional aroma, built in an amphitheatrical manner. There you will lose track of time as you stroll around, admiring the settlement, and savouring a few local treats at the taverns and ouzo bars.
- Nature lovers will get to know the legendary Mount Taygetos!
Taygetos will offer you one of the most beautiful mountaineering and hiking experiences as, in addition to the stunning nature that surrounds the trails, the mountain has exemplary signage of its paths (European path E4), making it a pleasant pastime even for the less experienced hikers. Furthermore, there is a possibility of being assigned a “mountain companion”, upon your request.